I have such fun memories of going to the Renaissance Festival when I was a kid. Face painting, hair flowers, mud wrestlers, jousting. We were so excited to take the boys for the first time this year and I think they really enjoyed it too (minus the face painting, hair flowers and mud wrestlers… but don’t fear – there was jousting!). Half the time you can’t tell if the people you’re talking to actually work there or just dressed up like that to visit!
The biggest score of the entire day: we finally FINALLY FINALLY found a knight helmet with “a face mask that goes up and down” for Sean. Let me tell you, we’ve been searching high and low for this for over a year (since he was a knight for Halloween 2012) and it’s next to impossible to find. You can tell by the overwhelming excitement in his face how happy he was to find it. I just tell myself the he was smiling ear to ear when the mask was down ;)
Oh. And Dylan got to hold a goose. Isn’t this totally Dylan’s style? He’ll try anything once.
Lord help us.
No comments:
Post a Comment