Friday, May 24, 2013

I’m Coming Back to the Blog (I hope!)

So it’s been a few days weeks since I’ve blogged and honestly I have things from back in March that I haven’t posted about.  It’s a strange thing, this blog, because it’s always something that’s just sitting in the back of your mind, reminding you that’s it’s unfinished and in bad shape. It’s important for me to keep it up though because every year or so I have the past year printed into a little book that I’d love to give the boys when they’re older. When they’re talking to each other one day and wonder what in the world their parents did to make them so weird...  that’s where this blog comes in.  A little reminder of the mostly good stuff that’s happened (when I have time to recap it all!).  Blogs are so personal and everyone has a different tone, message and purpose they’re trying to get across.  I’m certainly no writer and have no skills to really share (maybe how to cross your eyes or create a totally awesome spreadsheet but that’s where it stops) so a baking, crafting, healthy eating blog is not for me.  So I figure since I got to about page 5 in Sean’s baby book and … hmmm… where is Dylan’s baby book?… I might as well try to keep track of our craziness through a blog.

I’m planning to get back on the wagon (back on the bike? back in the seat? how does that saying go?) in very short order.  So far I’ve finally put my pictures on the computer from the camera and honestly I think that’s a very good start.  Maybe over the long weekend I can tell you about some things we did in March ;) Fingers crossed. But the weather looks like it’s gonna be nice and it would be fun to take the boat out. Or maybe go to opening day of the pool.  Well at least I can take picutres and tell you all about it next fall.

DSC00515

The boys have started to watch TV shows together.  This was a few weeks ago on a Friday night. They were watching one of those family shows where the kids and parents compete in various games to win a prize. I wonder if I can get John to audition so the 4 of us can compete one day? You know that’s one of the things on my bucket list - playing on Wheel of Fortune. Maybe this would suffice?

No comments:

Post a Comment