Well, that’s how Sean describes it anyway. I did go on my first trip alone, leaving all of my boys behind for the first time ever! I suddenly got a little giddy-up in my step since my back to work date was quickly approaching and there were a lot of things I promised myself I’d do while on maternity leave that hadn’t been done. Two major items were to visit Carolyn and Mats in their new home in Dallas and visit Jeff and Elise so I could meet their adorable baby Jordan. While I was gone, Grandma and Grandaddy came to visit and help with the boys. We started prepping Sean for this a few days before I left and he was so excited that they were coming that we had to teach him the meaning of the word ‘patient’!
Dallas was awesome – we had such a wonderful time! Mom and I were able to plan the trip so our time overlapped which was so nice. We ate good food, drank great wine, shopped, went to see the play Hair, decorated, and basically solved all of life’s problems in about 4 days. I’m so happy for Mats and Carolyn and this new chapter in their life ((hugs)). Christmas 2012 is on!
Then it was off to Denver for the second leg of my trip (I sound so well traveled, I know). I
was so excited that everyone came to the airport to pick me up and even more excited that they drove their Jeep with the top off. Ah, a little slice of heaven… even if it was only for a few days. The weather was beautiful, Elise of course made scrumptious food and we even took a really fun trip to Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. Boy, it was beautiful - pictures don’t do it justice.
But I must admit, although the Jeep and good weather were great, little Jordan stole the show (and a little piece of my heart). Come on, how stinking cute is this girl? I can’t wait to braid her hair one day.
What? I can’t count on the Bieber haircut being in style by the time my boys are able to grow their hair long enough to braid. So, my fall back plan is to count on Jordan growing some long flowing locks for me to mess with ;) Elise and I decided this kind of stuff way back in college… Elise can teach my kids how to cook and perform basic accounting and I can teach hers how to do hair and makeup. This would have been a little weird if she had all boys but a deal is a deal, I say. It’s amazing we ever got any work done with all the plans we were making all the time…
As usual, it took me way too long to choose what pictures I’d use for this post because I always take way too may pictures. So wouldn’t you know I go to pull in the pictures John took of all the fun Sean and Dylan had with Grandma and Grandaddy and this was the only picture on the card. hahahaha
I will say that I know they had a great time even if there aren’t pictures to document every minute of every day. When did we become a culture so obsessed with taking pictures of everything we do?? But I digress… I came home to lots of handmade Halloween decorations and boys that appeared taller, heavier and had more hair!
A successful journey all the way around. Love to everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment