There has certainly been a debate amongst our families as to when we should cut Sean’s hair. Some think we should have cut it months ago, other think we should let it grow long for a while because he won’t always be able to do that as he gets older (clearly these people don’t know much about the Justin Bieber ‘do and his strong following of tween boys). As for me, I’ve been on the fence about it. It’s taken two years - TWO LONG YEARS – to even get this much hair on Sean’s head. I wasn’t about to cut it at the first signs of a little shag. But over the past few weeks the hair he does have has starting getting in his eyes when he wears his hat & bike helmet so I figured it’s time to bite the bullet (read: mommy better race to the salon before she changes her mind).
So, Sean and I went to a really cool kids salon (yes, they have kids salons now. crazy right?) called Pigtails & Crewcuts where Sean got to sit in a red airplane and watch cartoons while Ms. Megan trimmed his hair. Of course I was the crazy mom that took way too many pictures but I guess they’re used to that. Sean was a real trooper – he let her spray his hair, cut it and then blow dry without any fussing. He was just happy he was in an airplane and his cape had penguins on it! I got the ‘First Haircut Package’ which included a picture and a lock of his hair to keep in his baby book. I seriously had to hold back the tears halfway through – it’s just absolutely amazing how fast the time goes and how quickly you realize they are growing up. Oftentimes I get so caught up in the day to day that it’s easy to lose sight of how precious this time is and how fleeting these years are.
So, after all of these sentimental thoughts and me almost doing an ‘ugly cry’ in the kids salon, it was time to go. Well, that’s what I thought. My little handsome, wonderful and perfect toddler had found the train set and was absolutely not going to leave. So I finally had to pick him up which made him scream bloody murder while everyone was looking at me with that sad I’m-glad-it’s-not-me face as I drug him out kicking and screaming. Not to stop there, Sean then decided to throw himself down in the middle of the parking lot and move into full scale temper tantrum madness. I had to peel him off the concrete, get him in the car and try bribing him with lunch, which of course didn’t work and sent him into hyperventilation mode. Awesome. Finally, a tantalizing offer of getting gas and a car wash seemed to cure the temper tantrum. Ah, the little things. Afterwards we went and got lunch (grilled cheese, applesauce, teddy grahams and milk) and were on our way home for a loooong nap. I think mommy might follow suit ;)
{what a handsome little guy}
No comments:
Post a Comment