Anyone who knows me knows that I've been anxiously awaiting this weekend for one thing and one thing only…. official POOL OPENING DAY! It’s on every calendar I own… which right now includes my work computer, client computer, home computer, iPhone, work phone and home “paper” calendar… but I digress. I’ve loved the pool ever since I can remember… back when mom would send me down for the day on my bike with a cooler of drinks and food to last the day. I guess with our kids it’ll be a little different since they can’t go to the pool unsupervised until they’re something crazy like 14! ::gasp:: Oh well, I guess mom will just have to tag along
Of course we took Sean to the pool last year but he’ll be able to enjoy it much more this year now that he’s walking. Here are a few shots we got of opening day but one I didn’t get was Sean going down the water slide with his daddy. He was unsure at first but afterwards was smiling from ear to ear. Even the life guards were smiling that he got such a kick out of it!
On Sunday, we put the sprinkler out back for the first time (of course after I ran poop patrol with the pooper scooper… another thing I swore my parents made me do that I would never do once I was an adult… but again, I digress) and it was a lot of fun. Our neighbors probably didn’t need to see me running around in a bathing suit but we had fun nonetheless.
Afterwards, our friends Jen, Darren and baby Grant came over for dinner. We brought up Sean’s walker from the basement (Sean was shocked that we had toys down there that he’s “never” seen) and Grant took really well to it. Sean loved the idea of pushing Grant around in the “car”… visions of I’m sure what’s to come very soon
No comments:
Post a Comment