Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow in Charlotte!

It’s not often that we get a few inches of snow and it stays cold enough for two snow days in a row, but that’s just what we have this week! How exciting to start a Monday off with a snow day. Well, for now I guess it’s exciting… when Sean has to start making up his snow days by going to school on holidays (which is the plan here) then maybe that won’t be so fun.
Since there’s not a sled to be found in the state (not to mention anything at the grocery stores) John had to get creative and make a sled out of Polly’s old dog crate (what a good dad!). In typical Sean fashion, he wasn’t too impressed (or didn’t let on that he was) with the whole thing but I think deep down inside he had fun. John even took him down our neighbor’s hill… he said Sean cracked a smile for a split second :)




Unfortunately, it’s a bit hard to fully enjoy snow days with technology because we’re expected to work from home regardless of conditions outside. Normally that would be fine but working with a 17 month old wandering around the house isn’t that easy! Sean liked to say ‘Hello’ over and over when I was on calls today and one time he came over and said ‘Pew Pew’ (meaning he had a poop in the panties) while I was in the middle of talking. It’s hard not to laugh at times like that :)


No comments:

Post a Comment