Monday, December 6, 2010

ACC Championship - Go HOKIES!

What an adventure we had this past weekend! The Virginia Tech Hokies played (and won, might I add) in the ACC Championship game on Saturday against FSU at the Panthers stadium in Charlotte. Sean and his Grandma Leigh hung out at home (they turned out to be the smart ones) while the rest of us took our chances with the weather and headed uptown to tailgate and watch the game. Pretty much as soon as we got there it started raining with some sleet so we found ourselves packed in the carwhich was actually pretty warm and a ended up being a pretty nice setup of cheese and crackers :) The weather just got crazier after that, with freak hail storms on and off. I honestly haven't been that cold in I can't remember how long, and had on so many clothes by the end of the night I couldn't even turn my head. All in the name of football (and so we can tell tall tales as we get older)!

I think this was before the hail storms. Everyone still looks pretty dry!
Check out the awesome gloves!
Hanging out in the car to get out of the rain and hail:
Check out the cool Hokie Bird thingy (I swear it has a name but I can't remember). I almost tripped the poor thing trying to get my picture with him!
This is what happens to your16-month old child after a weekend with his grandparents and all of his aunts and uncles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment